Preparing For Home Ownership
Buying a home is likely not an impulse purchase. It is a process which, from the browsing of houses to signing of paperwork can take a long time. This makes it crucial to understand the process of homeownership before you dive in. Today we’re providing a checklist for those who may be beginning the process of buying a home, or those who are interested.
- Find Your Team: A great loan officer and realtor make all the difference and are knowledgeable on the process.
- Understand Your Finances: This means knowing your current credit score, how much you can afford to pay monthly in payments in addition to how big of a down payment you can make. Also, do not to make any big purchases during the entirety of the process as this will impact your credit.
- Secure Mortgage Pre-Approval: Sellers take buyers with pre-approval much more seriously than those without. This will make you look good if you ever find yourself with competition for a home.
- Do Your Research: Know what area you want to live in so that you can filter your options. You should also know how much homes in that area have sold for so that you are not overpaying.
- Trust Your Team: If you are unsure of something, always talk to your loan officer and realtor before making any decisions. These people will be able to get you the best deal, so put your faith in them.
The pride and financial benefits of owning a home make the whole process worth it. Good luck and happy hunting!